Friday, April 28, 2017

My Quest To Find...........

First, I want to tell you what I made from two of the things that I showed you yesterday. Above is the leftovers from my Crock pot Scalloped Potatoes and Ham. It was easy to make and will be easy to heat up in the microwave in this dish. Hubby thinks we have about two more dinners from this. I think he is right.

It was so easy. It's just diced ham, sliced potatoes and onions, dry mustard, cream of chicken soup and milk. Oh and I also added a little shredded cheddar cheese that was in my deli drawer. So I got rid of that bag too.

However I had a little accident when I made it. I darn near sliced the end of my finger off while I was cutting up the ham. It bled pretty badly but Hubby came to the rescue and put a tight bandage on it. After a while it stopped bleeding but it sure was throbbing.

For lunch yesterday, I used up the can of turkey by making turkey salad with onions and celery. We had it on saltines for lunch. There is enough left in this container for Hubby to have lunch today. 

He will be enjoying that while I am out with a friend. We are going on a quest to find the best NY style pizza in the Buffalo area. My friend and I are both transplants to this area. She has been trying to find good pizza since she moved here and I have been trying to find some since Luigi's in Swormville changed hands about 2 years ago. I don't like the pizza the new owners make. Every one that we have tried in our little town has been sub par. 

So today we are trying a new to us Italian restaurant for lunch that is in another town and is known for their NY style pizza. I am looking forward to a nice lunch and enjoying a girl's afternoon out.

I almost always make our pizza here at home. But it would be nice if I could find a place with great pizza that Hubby and I could go to once in a while. Especially in the summer when I don't want to use my oven. 

Blogging plans changed when I cut my finger. I had planned on posting my April Expense Report today since we will be staying home until May 1 with the exception of my lunch today. However just typing this little post was difficult to do with my cut finger. It took me twice as long as it would have if my finger wasn't cut. So this is it for today. I am hoping my finger will be healing by Monday and I will plan on posting the Expense report then.

I hope you all have a wonderful weekend!

12 comments:

  1. Hope your pizza quest is successful and the chatting time is superb!
    Hurt fingers are no fun.
    My April Saving Challenge report will be up Tuesday morning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi slugmama,

      The pizza was delicious but the girl time out was the best.

      I am looking forward to your report.

      Delete
  2. Ouch, so sorry about your finger. Do hope that it feels better soon.
    Your potatoes and ham, and turkey salad look good. Great use of ingredients. Enjoy your pizza quest. Hope you have a great weekend.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      Thanks for your kindness.You have a great weekend also.

      Delete
  3. Hope your finger is feeling better! A nice girls lunch out sounds great. I'm not doing that, but I am meeting a friend for a hike tomorrow morning, so that's a free activity that has the added benefit of exercise. Looking forward to that, plus the warm weather & sun that's finally headed our way!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hawaii Planner,
      Thanks for your kindness. Enjoy your hike and the beautiful weather.

      Delete
  4. Hi AD this is Chris. So sorry about your finger. I hope you didn't end up needing stitches.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,
      No stitches needed. Thanks for your kindness.

      Delete
  5. Your ham casserole looks great! Sorry about your finger. Yikes!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Little Penpen,

      Thanks for your kindness.

      Delete
  6. I hope your find the pizza your craving.
    I'm imspired by you challenge to use up some oddball ingredients we have. Supper was enchiladas and Mexican rice. I used a can of verde enchilada sauce and a quart of turkey broth that have both been in the pantry a while. It was a delicious meal and I'm glad you blogged about those straggling ingredients,

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda,

      Thanks. Your supper sounds yummy! It does feel good to get rid of those odd ball things.

      Delete