Here are the frugal things we have done the past two weeks:
- We had 2 stones come loose on the front of the house. Rather than spend a fortune to have a contractor come and repair them, Hubby did it himself with gorilla glue. Worked great!
- My grandson and granddaughter love Pringles so I get some once in a while as a treat. I found the cans for $ .79 each on sale at Save A Lot last week and purchased a case of each. As you can see my grandson has already been into them.
- Hubby and I went flower shopping and Hubby planted them himself. Usually the landscape crew does them but that is expensive.
- We had company for dinner and Hubby grilled NY strip steaks from a whole loin that I purchased at rock bottom prices last Fall. We had our leftover steak sliced up and cooked it in butter and minced garlic for breakfast the next day. It was so good with our scrambled eggs. I sent our company home with their steak leftovers and they were planning on doing the same.
- Our company brought us a beautiful flower bouquet that we will enjoy for a week or two.
- Thanks to Mother Nature we have not had to water our lawn once this year so far which is a huge saving on our water bill.
- I continue to use my dryer balls in my dryer. They are saving me about 20 minutes of dryer time per load.
- I am using my laundry eggs to wash our clothes. They are always clean and I no longer have to purchase laundry detergent.
- I am rebuilding my stockpile for this winter at rock bottom prices.
- We have dropped our monthly electric usage into the 400's for KWH, down from the 600's just a few months ago by watching our usage very carefully.
- We have tons of cherries on our cherry tree this year. I will be picking them when they ripen to make pies.
- I purchased 16 on sale storage tubs for $ 5.97 each and I have been reorganizing our basement storage with them.
- I mailed the rebate forms and POP for 3 liquor rebates totaling $ 23.00.
- I have been getting multiples of freebie items for our stockpile. Today I purchased 4 pasta, 1 Suddenly Salad, 2 Very Berry Cheerios, and 2 Yoplait Dippers all for free. I also got 5 lbs. of Smithfield All Natural Bacon for $ 7.98.
- I received 2 - $ 1.00 Mt. Olive coupons in the mail just for asking.
- I now have $ .60 off a gallon of gasoline so I will be filling up the car in the next couple of days.
- My granddaughter is learning about money from the book I sent her. She has been sending me links to buy used books that she wants so that it will save me money. These are on her birthday wish list. I just love that she is learning to be money conscious at 9 years old.
Have you done anything frugal recently? Please share in comments. I love reading your money saving triumps.