Monday, June 26, 2017

My Granddaughter Is Here

We drove 4 hours to the Albany area on Friday to visit my son, DIL, and granddaughter. Her birthday party was on Saturday.  We came home today and my sweet, lovely granddaughter came back with us. I can't believe she is 10.  

However the weekend didn't turn out to be what we expected. My DIL went into the hospital on Thursday in terrible pain. They let her come home on Saturday afternoon to be at her daughter's party which my son and I managed to make wonderful for her. My son did a beautiful cake for her using fondant and an edible picture that my DIL had ordered.

MY DIL will be going back into the hospital for major surgery. The tests so far are not good. That is all I can tell you for now. I am asking for prayers for her because she truly needs them. We are all praying and hoping.

Meanwhile, we will be doing lots of things to keep my granddaughter busy and happy. So I will jump on when I have time. Till then..............

20 comments:

  1. Sending prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So sorry that your DIL is not well. I will keep her and your family in my thoughts and prayers.
    Hope all will be okay, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  3. Enjoy your granddaughter and prayers for your DIL

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry about your DIL; hope she recovers quickly. Enjoy your time with that sweet granddaughter!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Good morning, I am so sorry about DIL.
    Hope you have a great week with your GD, I think 10 is just about the perfect age.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Rhonda. I am enjoying her company.

      Delete
  6. Our prayers are with all of your family. Praying for a speedy recovery for DIL. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  7. Sending lots of good thoughts to you & your family.

    ReplyDelete
  8. AD this is Chris. We are on our trip but I checked in I will pray.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Enjoy this time with your grand daughter, and I hope that your dil gets along ok with her surgery.

    ReplyDelete
  10. AD, this is Linda.
    Praying for your DIL.

    ReplyDelete
  11. still praying for your DIL.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks to all of you for your continued prayers.

    ReplyDelete