Thursday, July 20, 2017

A Busy Day

Today I am doing odds and ends. Things like cleaning all the mud off my shoes that I got taking my granddaughter to camp. I scrubbed them and then gave them a good coat of polish.

Hubby and I both had check ups with our primary today. All is well. I love my doctor though. The first thing he says to us when he comes in the room is, "Hi Kids!  How are you doing?" It made our day.

Right now we are staying put because there are severe thunderstorm and tornado warnings. Lots of trees and power down south of us. So far we have just gotten some rain and rumblings of thunder. They are now saying there is a tornado on the ground south of us on the news. I hope people took shelter in their basements or interior bathrooms.

Since I have challenged myself to make all baked goods from scratch, I made homemade cranberry orange muffins a few minutes ago. The recipe made 18. Since I only have one muffin tin, I used 6 silicone muffin cups on a flat pan. It worked well. They smell so good. They will be used for snacks and for breakfasts. I had cranberries in my freezer that I froze last November. I think I have enough to last until this November. In August, I will be concentrating on freezing blueberries for pancakes and muffins for the coming year.

Hubby and I will have hot dogs for dinner tonight. We don't have them very often because I don't really like them. But we are trying to use up everything in our freezers, so I pulled them out today. If the weather clears, we will grill them outside.

I just threw a load of towels in the HE washer and will dry them in the dryer using the wool balls. 

Other than those things, I am just going to relax the rest of the afternoon. I was so busy for 3 and 1/2 weeks that it feels good to just do nothing.

I hope you are all having a great day!     

2 comments:

  1. AD, this is Wendy. I saw on the news last night where the tornado came through. I am glad that you and hubby are safe.
    If I had made those muffins, I would have eaten them all by myself!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Wendy,

      Thanks for your kindness. I did eat two after they cooled. :-)

      Delete