Wednesday, July 5, 2017

How I Buy My K-cups

We have a Keurig K- cup machine. It is one of the  luxuries that we enjoy. We only make one cup of coffee a day for each of us. Sometimes I have 2 or a cup of tea but that is rare. Most of my liquid refreshment is tap water.

This works for us because Hubby drinks decaf and I drink regular. I watch for good deals online for bulk purchases. Most of the time we order our K-cups from Amazon or buy them at BJ's warehouse club. However BJ's usually does not have the best price unless they are getting rid of a particular brand on clearance. When that happens, I will buy a lot. Amazon has the lowest price on Hubby's decaf. 

But on June 30th I ordered 3 boxes of the above pictured coffee from Walmart. I rarely order from Walmart. However I had a cup of this coffee at a friend's home. I loved it. She told me that she buys it all of the time from Walmart online. So I ordered 3 of the 48 count boxes. Shipping was free and they said it would arrive today via Fed Ex which it did.

I paid $ 14.98 for each box for a total of $ 44.94 or about $32. a K-cup. However I ordered them on June 30th while Ebates was paying 15% cash back for an order at Walmart. So I am getting $ 4.49 cash back which brought my total down to $ 40.45 or $ .28 a K-cup. This was definitely a great buy price for me.

For those of you who buy K-cups, I would love to know how you save money on this purchase. Please feel free to leave a comment and share with all of us.

8 comments:

  1. I bought a 4 pack of the refillable cups and we just buy regular coffee and fill them as needed. I figured out one that it took me 1 month to cover the 10 dollar investment and now i have just the 2 spoons of coffee per cup. It costs me in the neighborhood of 12 cents a cup.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Anne.

      I have the rfillable cup but I can't get it ro work. Do you do anything to grind your coffee finer?

      Delete
    2. No I just grind it to my regular drip grind, but I have found the ones with the metal filters work better than the ones with the synthetic mesh do.

      Delete
  2. I found a huge deal at our local grocery store, when they put the holiday coffee Kcups on clearance. I can't remember exactly, but I think they were around $.08/cup, & you can't tell a difference. We prefer espresso in the morning (at home), but when my parents visit, they use the Kcups, so we keep them on hand.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Hawaii Planner,

      I never realized that Kcups were decorated for Christmas and that they might be clearanced. Thanks for telling me. $ .08 a cup is terrific.

      Delete
  3. My husband bought a box of 40 or 48 kcups at Ollies for $9.99. He likes it. I don't drink coffee.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      I have not been to Ollie's in ages. I guess I should go.

      Delete
    2. I have found Gevalia Dark Roast at Ollies for 1.99 I don't like to go there but I do just to sniff around for their bargains and when I find one like the coffee I buy many and stick them in the freezer.

      Delete