Tuesday, July 18, 2017

Monday's Happenings and Hubby's Surprise

Before I tell you all that I did on Monday, I want to tell you how Hubby surprised me when I came home from Albany.

Our shower in our master bathroom was not sealed properly(by my standards) when we purchased this house. They used cheap caulk. We knew at one point or another we would have to redo it. So while I was away, Hubby stripped the shower of all caulk and replaced it with a good quality microban caulk. Then when that was dry, he steam cleaned every tile in the shower along with the floor. 

Our shower looks better than the day we moved in our home over 7 years ago. To keep it that way, we are using Method Daily Shower Spray whenever we take showers. Also Hubby figures that he will steam clean it twice a year. The steam cleaner we own is not a particularly easy one to use and it was slow to heat and had to be refilled constantly. It took Hubby 3 days to steam the shower. So I am keeping my eye on the prices on this one: Steam Cleaner . It will make it much easier for Hubby when I purchase it.

Yesterday, I unpacked my last suitcase and threw all of my laundry in the washing machine. I dried it in the HE using the dryer balls. It was then hung or folded and put away. So all clothing is now clean.

I made us sunny side up eggs and bacon for breakfast. After the dishes were done, I ran the dishwasher on the energy saving cycle.

Then I got showered and dressed for the day. After making my grocery list, I went to Top's to get a few things that were on sale and that we needed.

Whole roasting chickens were on sale at the cheapest price that I have seen since we moved here. They were $ .68 a lb. so I bought two. We needed hot dog rolls($.79) and the 18 ct. large eggs were $ .99. Three lbs. of onions and 5 lbs. of potatoes were $ 1.99 each. I was totally out of them. The orange juice was $ 1.00. I only needed a little to make homemade cranberry orange muffins. 

Hubby loves peanut butter and raspberry jam on crackers. We were out of the jam so I got 2 jars of Smuckers at $2.99 each. Hubby also had no creamer left so I paid full price for two Baileys Irish Cream at $3.79 each. He also had finished the apple jacks cereal so I purchased the Top's brand for $1.99. And lastly the Washington State cherries were on sale for $ 1.99 a lb. which is a great price here so I bought a bag. I also purchased 4-12 packs of Diet Coke for Hubby on a B2G2F sale. My total grocery bill for the week was $57.20. I will not be shopping again until next week and only if we need something.

My loafers came home in a plastic bag from Albany. The reason being that one day that I took my granddaughter to camp it had poured rain overnight and I had to walk up the hill from the parking area. I sunk in the mud. So I spent about an hour cleaning them and polishing them. They are my favorite shoes. 

Lunch was assorted cheeses on crackers. We had so much food leftover from the spread the kids put out for our anniversary that we are still enjoying it. Hubby never had to cook the entire week that I was away. 

Then it was time to write some bills. My son and DIL purchased my airplane tickets and 7 day hopper pass for Disney in January. So I sent them a check for $ 804. for those and a check for their anniversary which is this Thursday. I am hoping they will use it for a nice dinner out.  

Hubby was saying that he thought he would need his Green Mountain Decaf K cups soon. So I checked and they will be shipped on subscribe and save in mid August. I counted what he has left and he has plenty until then.

About 1PM, I loaded the crockpot. I put in two very large chicken breasts, an envelope of Lipton onion soup mix, and 2 cans of cream of chicken soup. I cooked it on high for 4 hours and it was just perfectly cooked but very moist and tender. I grabbed an envelope of Idahoan mashed potatoes and made those and cooked up some green beans as sides. It was so delicious that Hubby kept raving about it. We only ate a 1/2 of a breast each so there is plenty for dinner tomorrow night. I love getting two meals out of one cooking session.

After dinner dishes were done, Hubby and I relaxed with our after dinner coffee outside in our front yard sitting area. The baby boy next door came over to visit with his Mom and Dad.  He was walking unassisted in his flip flops through our grass. He just turned 9 months old a week ago and has been walking for 3 weeks. I have never in all of my years seen a baby so young walk. He is just adorable and has a beautiful smile. 
 
I went to bed early and could not sleep so I am posting this. Hopefully now I can get to sleep.

4 comments:

  1. Busy, productive, and pleasant!! My kind of day!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was so sweet of your hubby to a chaulk and steam clean your shower. Our's needs to be deep cleaned and chaulked again too. I noticed that one of the seams is separating and the last thing we need is to get water behind the shower enclosure.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Debbie,

      That is what I was afraid of.

      Delete