Thursday, July 6, 2017

Random Thoughts

I am sitting here enjoying a cup of coffee and so many random thoughts are racing through my head.

I am praying and thinking about my DIL who will be operated on tomorrow and who can't join us on Saturday. Please Lord let everything turn out well for her. 

I am wondering if the baby bunny will come out so that my granddaughter can watch him this morning. She has really enjoyed doing that.

I am pondering making homemade apple cinnamon waffles with 100% pure maple syrup for breakfast. My granddaughter loves them.
 

I plan on cutting up a 2 lb. container of fresh strawberries so that we have fresh fruit for the rest of the week and weekend. 

I have to sit down and make a grocery list of things that Hubby will want while I am helping my family next week. Then I have to find some time to actually grocery shop.

I have to pick up the house, vacuum and dust, clean and sanitize the kitchen and bathrooms really well. Everyone will be here for a celebration on Saturday. I also have to make sure the guest room is all set for company.

I was told this past weekend not to lift a finger to get snacks, alcohol, or anything else in for the celebration because it is all being taken care of. However I am going to make sure that we have paper plates and plastic cups for snacks and beverages so that I don't have to wash any dishes later on. So they are going on my grocery list.

We had sparklers on July 4th and we just laid the ends down on our pavers in our seating area out front. We did not want to put them in the garbage that night for fear of starting a fire. We were so busy yesterday that I forgot to clean them up so that is on the agenda for today.

All of the laundry needs to be done so that I can pack mostly clean clothes in my granddaughter's luggage for the trip, clean clothes to take away with me for a week, and I want to leave clean clothes for Hubby.

I need to make sure that our clothing for the celebration is clean and ironed. That includes my granddaughter's outfit. 

My granddaughter and I have a morning at the salon tomorrow to get our hair done for Saturday. Then I am going to surprise her and take her to lunch. Today, I have to find some bows for her hair.

I think I will serve leftover pizza or fried chicken for dinner tonight. That will be easy after a busy day.

I am late posting the June expense report but it is just going to have to wait.

So many things racing through my head and I am sure more will. It's just been really busy around here with so many things to accomplish including so many day trips of enjoyment for our granddaughter.

When I get back from Eastern New York, I will be exhausted and happy to just sit and write this blog. Until then..................

7 comments:

  1. Hope all goes well for your dil. I know you have been a blessing to them by keeping your grand daughter and going to help next week.
    Have a wonderful celebration!
    Sounds like you are going to be very busy, but try to get some rest when you can. Safe travels.
    Kathy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi AD, this is Chris. I am guessing the celebration is for your 50th wedding anniversary. I wish you and your hubby God's blessings, and am excited for you, b/c I know the party will be one of the best days of your lives. It was for me when we had the 50th celebration for my parents in 2007. I am still praying for your daughter in law.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,

      Thanks for all of your kindness.

      Delete
  3. HI AD.
    I'm still praying for your family. Take care of yourself, as you take care of others.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,

      Thanks for your kindness. It is going to be a rough day.

      Delete
  4. I hope you have a safe trip and a wonderful celebration. Prayers for your DIL to heal quickly after her surgery.

    ReplyDelete