Saturday, July 8, 2017

Thanks To All of You and a Celebration

My daughter in law finally got to the operating room at 6:15PM last night(Friday). Her surgery and the recovery room took a little over 4 hours.

We got great news and I know that all of your prayers helped. Her oncology team were very concerned that she had ovarian cancer. All of her tests showed numbers in the thousands instead of the 0-20 that they should have shown.

Her initial biopsy tonight shows no cancer. She had what they believe is a pre-cancerous tumor which they have removed. Further testing will take 2 weeks but they are very optimistic and so are we.

I have been so stressed for two weeks worrying about her and trying not to let my granddaughter see any worry.

My daughter in law is ecstatic over the news. They are keeping her overnight and perhaps until Sunday because of the surgery. She kicked my son out of her room about 11PM and told him to head here. Her sister is by her side. 

He never would have left right now but he knows she is great and the news is good. 

Today is our 50th Wedding Anniversary!  And he and his brother have planned a celebration for us here. So we will be partying with them, my other DIL, and my two grandchildren. We feel bad that my DIL can't be here but her health comes first. I will see her  tomorrow(Sunday) when I go back to their home with my son and granddaughter for a week or so.

My son is on his way so I had better get a couple of hours of sleep. I have set an alarm to wake me up around 3AM to let him in the house.

Just wanted to say thank you to all of you who prayed for my daughter in law. I am very appreciative.   

12 comments:

  1. Great news both on your DIL and Anniversary congrats! Not many people anymore stay married and make it to 50 years together. I guess you found a "keeper". lol
    Have a fun celebration and a good week at your son's house next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. When I was 48 , I went through the exact same situation. I had a feeling your daughter in law might be going through something similar. I had benign ovarian cysts along with the worst case of endometriosis the doc had ever seen. That is what drove my blood work numbers up. Short story long after a 3 hour total hysterectomy and major loss of blood and 2 transfusions and 6 days in the hospital I was just so happy not to have ovarian cancer I didn't mind being in pain and laid up for a month!! It was July 4 th week as well . I know the relief you all feel. Happy 50th wedding anniversary - sherri

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for letting us know the wonderful news!!!

    God bless!!! Happy Anniversary and will keep you all in my prayers!!

    Enjoy, Janie

    ReplyDelete
  4. I thought something like that. Glad everything seems good. Just because she is young don't let the doctors brush aside any concerns she may have. Quick recovery for her and your family.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary and Happy Good News!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Anniversary!!

    Great news! What a wonderful day to celebrate!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So, so very happy to hear that. What a fabulous anniversary gift to you & your family. And, congrats on your anniversary. That's a serious milestone to be proud of.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy Anniversary! Great news on your dil and a speedy recovery. Listen to what your body tells you don't overdo. I have been there and paid for days I felt good. So glad prayers were answered. Joyce

    ReplyDelete
  9. Hi AD, this is Chris. Thank you for the update on your daughter in law. I am very glad to hear that the drs. do not think she has cancer and I will keep praying that the final pathology will be clear. Happy 50th to you and your hubby, so happy your celebration will be a really good one, though I know you will miss your daughter in law.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH, what wonderful wonderful news. I'm so happy for you and your family.
    Happy Anniversary---a blessed gift.
    Linda

    ReplyDelete
  11. Wonderful news all around! And Happy Anniversary!

    ReplyDelete