Saturday, July 15, 2017

This is the First Opportunity that I have had to Post

Sorry that I haven't had a chance to write. It has been a very busy week starting last Saturday with our 50th anniversary celebration which was a huge surprise. My children had the best day planned for Hubby and I.

It started at 9 in the morning when everyone was at our home. We left for Canalside in Buffalo where we went for a ride on a Pirate Sailboat which the grandchildren and all of us enjoyed immensely.  Being out on the water on such a beautiful sunny day for a couple of hours was just perfect. 

Then we went back to our home where my children put out quite a buffet of cheeses, crackers, chips, dips, veggie platters, meats, fruits, etc. They had also brought a variety of alcoholic refreshments. Since they had rented a stretch limo service for the day we didn't have to worry about having a drink. No one had to drive.

Originally they had hired a photographer to come in the afternoon and do a family portrait of us. However they cancelled the photographer when my DIL got sick. Everyone wanted her to be in the portrait so that is postponed until later this year when she has recovered and we can all gather at our home again.

So we just enjoyed each other's company until it was time to dress for dinner at our favorite restaurant,
Russell's . We enjoyed everything from drinks, appetizers, entrees, to desserts. Hubby and I had delicious filet mignons and lobster tails. This is a five star restaurant where the food is top-notch, the waiters and service people are in tuxedos and they give superb service. No detail is left undone. If you go to the restroom, they fold your napkin for you. My children knew how much we love going there and made sure we enjoyed it on our 50th.

After dinner the limo driver took us on a wonderful sightseeing tour of Buffalo and then to Niagara Falls.
Hubby and I spent part of our honeymoon there. When we got home, we finished the evening off doing sparklers outside on one of our patios. Some of the neighbors stopped by having seen the limo and wished us a Happy Anniversary. It was a wonderful day that Hubby and I will always cherish. Spending time with family is just the best! And my sons and DIL's planning and paying for our celebration was just wonderful. We thank them with all our heart.
 
The next morning I rode with my son and granddaughter back to their home near Albany. I have been here ever since taking my granddaughter to camp in the Helderberg Mountains every day all week, cooking meals, doing dishes, grocery shopping, and taking care of my DIL while she recovers. We are planning a yummy take out dinner tonight which will be my last night here. My son will drive me to Syracuse in the morning where my other son will pick me up and drive me the rest of the way home near Buffalo. I so miss Hubby and can't wait to get back to him.

I hope to be back posting regularly on Monday or Tuesday. I have missed it. I might even post some pictures from last Saturday for you to see but only for a couple of hours since my family likes their privacy. Hopefully I can post the July expense report this week too. Until then.....

14 comments:

  1. Hi AD--it's Linda.
    Your party "day" sounds like it was just wonderful. Congratulations on 50 years!
    Still praying for your DIL. So good you are able to help her, and the household. I know your bed at home will feel just wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Linda,

      It was wonderful. It is a memory we will cherish forever. Thanks for the prayers for my DIL. My own bed felt great last night.

      Delete
  2. Happy Anniversary!! Sounds like a wonderful celebration! What a special time together.
    Hope your dil is recovering well, and I hope she receives a good report. I know you raking care of your grand daughter and everything was a blessing to them. Safe travels home, and get some rest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Kathy,

      I was so happy to get back to Hubby yesterday. We will know the report on Friday for my DIL. We had a safe trip and got a good nights sleep last night. Thanks for all of the good wishes.

      Delete
  3. Your anniversary sounds just perfect.
    I'm so glad your DIL is recovering and you were able to help them so much.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Rhonda,

      Thanks. My DIL is doing well.

      Delete
  4. Sounds like a great party! Congratulations on your wedding anniversary. Take care! Elizabeth

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy Anniversary! Sounds like a beautiful day.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi AD, this is Chris. Your anniversary celebration sounds like just the perfect day for you and your dh. I am still praying for your daughter in law and hope she is feeling a little better in her recovery. I know you were a blessing to her and your son and grand daughter.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Chris,

      It was! Thank you for the prayers.

      Delete
  7. Sounds like a really nice anniversary surprise. Congrats on 50 years together! I'm glad you are home now and your DIL is recovering.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi slugmama,

      Thanks so much! I hope you are enjoying your trip.

      Delete